Wednesday, January 26, 2011

EdTecHTalk

I listen to an Edtechtalk, more specifically #144 Various: NEIT2010 Reflection, Global Education Conference, and FocusManifesto.com. I choose to listen to this podcast because it talked about focus and more importantly distraction. I have never heard an Edtechtalk so I didn’t know what to expect. It was interesting. I thought it would have more information on the book,’ Focus, the simplicity manifesto in the Age of Distraction’, however they mostly just have a quick conversation about all the education related events going on in the world at that time. Even though I did not get to hear more about the book I did learn that these were all really smart guys, Alex, Irvin and Vinnie. I learned about the update about smart phones with Google docs and Swipe. I got to hear about the local conference that Vinnie spoke at and the Global Education Conference. Without hearing what the book is really about I did learn that it was free and if you actually pay for it threw Kindle, it is also very much worth the money. Mostly I leave the site interested in listening to more and none the less looking for the free PDF version of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment